- Sign ups start June 27th. You can sign up anytime but we encourage you to sign up the first week to start earning points.
- Sign up at the library and you will get events calendar and punch cards to track your reading. Every time you visit the library we will update your record and give you the raffle tickets that you have earned through your reading.
- If you want to track your reading digitally, we can help you at the library or you can sign up at oswegolibny10.readsquared.com. You will earn virtual badges and be able to “buy” raffle tickets with your points as you read, as well as access the events calendar.
- What counts toward your reading log? Everything! New books, rereading a book, listening to an audiobook, graphic novels, and magazines.
- For ages 5 and up, 1 minute of reading is 1 point (10 minutes = one punch on your card). For pre-K, each book shared is 10 points (1 book = one punch on your card).
Get rewards and contribute to the community reading challenge!
- How big of an ocean can we create together? Every time you complete a punch card (or earn 100 points on ReadSquared) you can decorate a fish, put your name on it, and add it to the ocean we are creating on the walls of the children’s room. Can we get to 1,000 fish together?
- Each week we will have a different theme with special prizes and events at the library. Earn more points by completing missions and attending events at the library. You can complete a “Captain’s Log” by telling us what you are reading, or come to Saltwater Science and complete STEAM activities. See the weekly flyer for more information.
- As you read more, you will earn more raffle tickets. You have a chance to win CMOO passes, an American girl doll, toys, Legos, and more. Everyone who earns 1000 points will receive a special certificate!