- Sign ups start June 26th. You can sign up anytime but we encourage you to sign up the first week to start earning points.
- Sign up at the library and you will get an events brochure and punch cards to track your reading. Every time you visit the library we will update your record and your completed punch cards become raffle tickets that you can use for whatever prizes you choose.
- If you want to track your reading digitally, we can help you at the library or you can sign up at oswegolibny10.readsquared.com. You will earn virtual badges and be able to “buy” raffle tickets with your points as you read, as well as access the events calendar.
- What counts toward your reading log? Everything! New books, rereading a book, listening to an audiobook, graphic novels, and magazines.
- For ages 5 and up, 1 minute of reading is 1 point (10 minutes = one punch on your card). For pre-K, each book shared is 10 points (1 book = one punch on your card).
Get rewards and contribute to the community reading challenge!
- How big of a march can we create together? Every time you complete a punch card (or earn 100 points on ReadSquared) you can decorate a shoe, put your name on it, and add it to the march to city hall we are creating on the walls of the children’s room. Can we get to 1,000 shoes together or more?
- For every 500 shoes put on the wall, Mayor Barlow will drop and smash a watermelon from a fire truck at the finale.
- Each week we will have a different theme with special activities and events at the library. Earn more points by coming to Lakeside Laboratory and completing STEAM activities. You can also earn points each week for completing “A Talk Under the Tree” where you tell a staff member about what you are reading.
- As you read more, you will earn more raffle tickets. You have a chance to win CMOO passes, an American girl doll, toys, Legos, and more.